Thursday, December 3, 2009

What age do you think kids can start wearing eyeliner and eyeshadow?

i am buying a xmas presant for my niece and she i really into fashion and makeup and i was wonder if she is to old to wear eyeliner and shadow? (she is 11)What age do you think kids can start wearing eyeliner and eyeshadow?
13 is preferable. but use of eyeliner and shadow in small amount doesn't harm the skin as children get won recovery very easily.


bt advice her not to use them always.What age do you think kids can start wearing eyeliner and eyeshadow?
I would ask her mum first. I wouldn't buy her eyeliner, but maybe a pale eye shadow, a pale lip gloss, a nail varnish and some blush, but it depends on how she dresses, her skin tone, her hair colour and eye colour. if she has pale skin, fair hair and blue or grey eyes, then i would recommend pale pinks and peaches for blush and lips. If she has pale skin, dark hair and blue or green eyes, then light purples and grays would suit her. If she has dark skin, dark hair and dark eyes then olive greens will suit her (but make sure she knows that less is more!). Or if none of these help, then buy her a book called the beauty bible-its is a fantastic book and has helped me a lot with skin care and beauty. I hope I helped and that your niece likes her present.
Honestly, that is a bit too young:





Most will agree between 13-15 yrs old is most appropriate to start wearing a LITTLE makeup. Personally, I didn't start wearing eyeliner/shadow til I was almost 16 years old.





Nowadays, girls are being told to grow up faster by the media %26amp; their peers. Thats too bad though, because it sexualizes them in a way %26amp; makes them appear older, %26amp; way too soon.





If they start at 11, they will fell more self-consience %26amp; grow up too soon!! Let her enjoy being a kid, childhood goes by so quickly. :]





My adive for gift ideas would be a gift card to her fav store, or something else you know she'd like. Best of luck %26amp; Happy Holidays.
Eyeliner, no. Im 13 and only started wearing it for shopping, going to a friends house etc a few months ago! I wore it on special occasions about a year ago though :)





Eyeshadow, of course! I wore it when I was 9! Maybe mascara instead of eyeliner? Or an eyecurler. If shes wanting an eyeliner look, get the new Bourjois liner effect. Its really good and I have it ^^
I was allowed to wear makeup when I was 11.


I wish my mother had stopped me.





I think mascara and blush, and maybe a glittery/shimmery pale shadow should be enough for someone in Middle School. Don't give her anything that she could possible overdo, or that would give her mother a heart attack.
ok if you buy an 11yr old make up teach her how to put it on and when to much is to much things like that, personally i dont think 11yr olds should be wearing make up but if its something you want to get her than do it but teach her how to put it on so she looks pretty and not trashy, itll give her confidence and self esteeme !


good luck
its always a good rule of thumb to check with her parents first to avoid her opening up the gift getting all excited then getting it taken away by her mother later. i cant tell you how many times that's happened to me years back! so if her mom says no then Look into buying her hair care products or a gift card to icing or Clair's.
Yeah, i think its a little young, i think i was about 7th grade tho. Also though its really not too young, because its not like its mascara and foundation. haha its just a little shadow and liner, so as long as it's ok w/ her mom and she doesn't wear A TON then i think it'll b a great gift
woah! 11 is too young, the youngest would at least be 13. and you may want to teach her how to apply it correctly, not too much or people will get ';the wrong idea'; and i'm sure that you know what i mean by that. That ';wrong idea'; will especially apply if you get her into makeup too young.
Yeah, I think 11 or 12 is a decent age, as long as she knows how to put the eyeliner on ok and not look like a raccoon.





I agree with mizzgiina too, I always liked glittery nail polish and fruity chapstick or lipgloss (lipsmackers) when I was that age.
I think 11 or 12 is fine if you only wear a very little. I think 14 or 15 is a good age to start wearing the works with eye liner, mascara and eye shadow. I'm 16 and didn't start wearing make up until I was 14. Maybe you should ask her parents first and see if it's ok.
my female cousins, and one of my younger male cousins that they tended to always use as a guinea pig started with clown like amounts of makeup and glitter at age 9 , age 9 and 12 respectively.





they had a lot of fun, and it was really funny to watch.
I think many girls that age do wear makeup, but I'm not sure they should! You should definitely ask her mom before you buy it for her. For an 11-year-old some fruity lip gloss or nail polish might be more appropriate than eyeliner and eyeshadow, or maybe some fancy bath products.
thats is pretty young. I would call her mom and check with her first. But i would say when she is 13 eyeliner would be appropriate. eyeshadow probably can be given at the age of 11, but no majorly strong or colorful or expensive makeup would be appropriate. :)
She is too young for makeup she is still a child,If you want to get her lip gloss fine but not eye or face makeup.not till 13 and then only mascarra and eye shadow if taught how to do it.
I think it depends on the parents, although my personal opinion is 15, but kids today are growing up so fast.. I would suggest asking her mom or dad if she's allowed to wear make-up before you buy anything she's not allowed to use
she is kind of young.


you should check with her parents.


or you could get her makeup to play with.


i had that when i was younger i would give my friends makeovers.


hahah. i bet that she would like that.
she is waaaay too young to wear that! at 13 girls should start wearing light makeup like lip gloss, coverup and maybe mascara but eyeliner shouldnt be worn until 14 or 15. ur niece would look like a trashy little tart with eyeliner on. dont get it.
I Think That This Is Definatly Old Enough, Most Children Start Wearing Makeup When They Start Secondary School So This Is Around This Age, Hope This Helps x
11? wow. Kids wear make up at a very young age. When I was in high school, I didn't start wearing make up until i was 14 and when i was 14 i only wore it occasionally.
You should ask here mom before you get her makeup.


I am 14 and I am only allowed to wear mascara and lipgloss!


You can always get her lipgloss, it is the best way to go :)
i say they need to be at least 13. but of course my stepdaughters (11 year old) mother thinks different. it looks trashy on her and i hate it. my husband and i fight about it all the time
That's about the age that they start(probably a little older) but it really depends on their maturity level. I would recommend waiting another year or two personally.
Check with mom, but community standards are different from place to place.





Mine was allowed to wear it at 11 but actually wears LESS now at 13 and applies it better, too.





Practice makes perfect?
Well i started wearing makeup when i was 12.


But eyeshadow is pretty much an all ages thing.


Eyeliner is a little more like 12 yrs old.
I think eighth grade or ninth grade is when kids should start. If you start to early, everyone will start so they don't feel left out, and the age will just keep getting younger.
eyeshadow yes


eyeliner......no





kids start wearin eyeliner too young and then cant leave the house without it forever


its crazy





im 16 i think 11 is too young even tho i wore make up at that age!





i think 13!
I would ask her mother first since they are the ones that would let her or not. I think that 11 is way too young. I think around 14 years old and older is much better.
she's not too old to wear eyeliner but maybe a little too young. its best to check with the parents. if they are ok with it then ok.
I don't' think that you should buy her eyeliner and other makeup, buy her belts or bracelets. Waring makeup will effect her skin!
14 is average. 11 is to young in our eyes but for kids these days who knows, just ask the mom if its ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus removal