Saturday, November 28, 2009

How do you get black eyeliner out of clothes?

I just bought some comfy white mesh pants, and I went away and apprently there was black eyeliner pieces in my suitcase, now theres spots on the butt, and I can't wear them, any suggestions on what will work?How do you get black eyeliner out of clothes?
That's probably similar to a grease stain. I haven't had to use this one yet, but I've heard that regular old dawn liquid dish soap use like a pretreat works great, or even that Dawn power dissolve. I am a laundry stain removal fanatic and I have not always been so happy with spray n wash or shout, but I still use them because they are easy to get at the store. The best stuff I have ever used, got absolutely everything out was this stuff from Amway, I can't remember the name and I don't know anyone who distributes the stuff, which is a bummer. It is definitely the best stuff, so if you have a neighbor having a barbeque....okay, just kidding, they mean no harm.How do you get black eyeliner out of clothes?
There are two types of makeup--oily and non-oily. Non-oily makeup stains come from eye shadows, blush and powdered makeup. Oily makeup products include mascara, liquid makeup, rouge and lipstick. Most makeup can be removed from clothing if treated properly.





Avoid staining your clothes when getting dressed by hanging a handkerchief over your face before pulling on a shirt or using your hand to hold the collar away from your face. Be careful not to stretch the collar, though.





There are several things you can try to remove lipstick stains from clothing. First try rubbing the stain with a non-oily makeup remover. If that doesn't work, try using plain, white toothpaste. Gel toothpaste will not work.





Try using a cleaning solvent. First lay down an old towel and spread the stained item out on the towel. Apply the solvent and use an edge of the towel to soak up the solvent as well as the stain. Launder the item as usual. If the stain is still there, try using a mixture of ammonia and water.





A non-oily stain might come out when rubbed with a baby wipe or a clean cloth that has been dipped in liquid detergent. If that doesn't work, moisten a rag with shampoo or dish soap and try dabbing at the stain.
Shout spray and the stick are great. I swear by shout!
Spray %26amp; wash, or Shout should do it with some Tide detergent in warm water, they may require a second treatment.
Try OxyClean. Works like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus removal